Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Talking about books again

I don't know what's the deal with these new apartments. There's just not enough room for books - or other stuff for that matter; I've mentioned books because I happen to care about mine. My room is extremely small - as the apartment is, so I had the idea to get this bed on wheels and have the walls covered with shelves where I'd put my books.

Parede

Isn't that the worst picture ever? Out of focus, with the flash all augh...

Anyway. They say these new apartments are small because (a) if they're small, they are cheaper and then people can afford them; and (b) people don't spend time in their homes anymore. Well, why should them? With so little room, people would of course want to spend all the time they possibly can out. I was talking about it with Marcos earlier today. But we talked mostly about kitchens. Kitchens so small they look like hallways. Disgusting. I'll be posting more pictures of the apartment I live in (and hopefully Beth and Marcos will too, someday), so you can see what a Brazilian apartment looks like.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the books. There's nothing better than other people's bookshelves. Homes without books are barren.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

I love books, bookshelves and libraries - want to see more photos of Brazilian apartments - why? I am a realtor.

1:37 AM  
Blogger mau10 said...

why space for books if people don´t read?

11:27 AM  
Blogger Menina Dedê said...

Luggi, I agree with you 100%!

No. 78, welcome to SPDP and keep coming back. We will sure have some nice pictures of our homes to show you.

Mau, that is so true and sad...

11:04 PM  
Blogger Kala said...

I really like to see what people have on their bookshelves - its sooo fascinating - strange that Hello Kitty seems to exists everywhere. I just bought some Hello Kitty bandaids for a friend. Its too bad the kitchen is soooo small - I like to spread things out and have a nice open area for cooking, cutting, prep yadas.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home