Thursday, March 30, 2006

Vale do Anhangabaú



Hi. I'm Marcos and I work with technology. I started enjoying photography when I had to coordinate a team of photographers and Photoshoppers. Enjoying photography doesn't mean knowing about it, so don't listen to what Ione's said, ok? :)

I will start by showing some symbols of our city, by showing you a series of pictures I've taken for the celebration of São Paulo's 450th anniversary. I hope you like them.

* * *

Vale do Anhangabaú (Anhangabaú Valley)

With gardens, pieces of art and 3 water fountains, Vale do Anhangabaú is a "postcard" scenery located downtown, from where you can see many postcard-like buildings, such as Martinelli, Banespa, Teatro Municipal (City Theater), Shopping Light (an old building where there is a shopping mall) and Matarazzo, where the city hall used to be located.

Due to its dimension, it is considered the perfect place for thousands of people to gather together. Among other public demonstrations that happened there is "Diretas Já", which took place on April 16, 1984. 1.5 million people attended such demonstration to fight for democracy. It is considered, to this day, the largest public demonstration to ever take place in Brazil.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicola said...

Welcome to the three of you to the Daily Photo Bloggers! I'm looking forward to seeing and learning more about Sao Paulo!

2:38 AM  
Blogger Menina Dedê said...

Thank, Nicola!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home